Friday, February 1, 2013

This is What A College Reunion with Your College Family Look Like

     Well, another blog post to be posted today!! Yikes....Let's see... life has been kind of busy and my camera has take random shots here and there but nothing specific to speak of. So as I search through my thousands of photos, I came across these from my college homecoming this fall. The idea of this blog is to focus on my OWN family..... Well, that said, the friends I made in college I am happy to say have definitely become family to me over the years. Some of us are near, some of us are far, but either way we are family. It was great to spend time back on campus after all these years with such an amazing group of friends/family. The weekend was short and quick, but the memories will be lasting.

      It is a pretty amazing group composed of the McCoys (four boys), Butkus family (one girl, one boy), The Reynolds (two girls), and us The Schneller's (two girls). The kids range in age from my "baby girl" being the oldest at twelve down to the final McCoy boy of age one and most ages in between! I have to say however we did miss part of the "family" in the Smiths (two boys) and the Weitkamps (3 girls), who could not make the journey to Missouri at the time. They were not there but they were not forgotten!!!!!
My "Baby," the oldest of the crew of kids:)

My oldest and the oldest McCoy

Two peas in a pod:)

Mr. Rod Walton and myself....
MY FAVORITE TEACHER EVER:) He is Awesome:)

"What the heck kind of phone is this?" says my smallest in  red glasses
(My how times have changed)

The kid crew minus one who was wandering around doing his own thing
(HOMECOMING PARADE)

My two having fun on the bouncy slide!!
FUN FOR ALL BIG AND SMALL!

From left to right--Butkus two, Reynolds girls,
The McCoy boys and my two ladies.
Sitting on the steps of where I lived my first year at college:)

Cheering on the Wildcats from the Hillside! GO WILDCATS!!!

Sisters having fun before getting ready to make the journey home

The ride home...it may have been a successful weekend:)

It was a good weekend had by all with nice weather and good company. It was good to be back on campus and see the changes as well as see some friendly faces, most notably of my advisor Mr. Rod Walton (Recently retired and back for us to surprise him with our visit). It is where it all began many years ago for all of us couples (except my husband--but they have all welcomed him with open arms into our "college family." I could not ask for a better group of people who have been there for me through the smiles and the tears...



Remember This: "I think if I have learned anything about friendship, it's to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don't walk away, don't be distracted, don't be too busy or tired, don't take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that hold life and faith together. Powerful stuff."--Jon Katz


Check out another fun blog by an amazing photographer
.http://daniellesullivanphotoraphy.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment